There were pancakes, and flat circles. Lorelais and Amanthas. 5 years in a hellish island and Maggie Grace. Yellow Kings and Walternates.
It probably wasnt my best year of TV watching(no idea how I’m gauging this) but it was filled with lots of hours sitting in front of my TV, tablet and computer screen. And here is my attempt to rank my top 10 show of 2014.(Either it being new show or shows new to me)
- My favorite show of 2014 was FX’s new comedy, You’re the Worst. It was crude, funny and filled my void left by the departure of Happy Endings.
- After 2 years on a hellish network i dont watch, i finally corrected my mistake by catching up on the CW’s Arrow. (Honorable mention, The Flash also on the CW)
- The first new to me show on the List, Fringe. Spent the good part of the spring/summer months catching up on this sci fi goodie.
- And the first of the gone too soon variety, FOX’s way to early cancellation of Surviving Jack, proved again why you can never trust that network(Hello Chicago Code)
- Another victim of the Netflix binge machine, Gilmore Girls. 7 full seasons of Lauren Graham. Who can say no?
- Just before the Gilmore Girls binge there was the Californication binge. Maggie Grace, Madeline Zima and the many other parade of ladies made the 7 seasons worth watching. Hurrah for nudity.
- Amazon Prime finally become useful with it’s the HBO collection. While not quite Band of Brothers, the Pacific held its own in detailing the war on that side of globe.
- Prime came in handy again with There all is aching. Review. 3.5 stars
- With Doctor Who regenerating a new doctor, i had to find a new BBC show. Broadchurch tried first, but the eventual winner was Sherlock. But the 90 minute shows can be a bit much.
- Martin Freeman shows up again, in Fargo. A show i probably should have ranked higher but I literally just remember it’s existence and now I’m too lazy to go back and redo the rankings
What To Watch For
- Other shows i just remembered that need to be watched, Rectify, Undateable, BoJack Horseman.
- Shows that were overrated, House of Cards and Orange is the New Black seasons 2.
- Shows you should continue watching, Justified final season, Shameless season 5, and The Americans season 3(I mean the Keri Russell fun hour please be naked once please)
- And one final GoodTaylorBye to 2014